Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

Lucky kids are on "Winter Break"....of course they also have a typical spring break too. So I took the day off and have a huge list of things to do, but am instead writing to this! Actually, it's nice to have a week day off.
Saw a bumper sticker on a co-workers car the other day that popped to mind when I started writing about President's Day - it said:
"My Kids an Honor Roll Student,
My President's a Moron"
I hadn't laughed like that in awhile!!!

No matter what your political party affiliation is, I hope you get out and vote in your Primary, or participate in your local Caucus. Nebraska had it's first ever caucus on the 9th, earlier this month. WOW, what an experience.
I've seen a LOT of complaining about the way it was organized, but how could a NE person who isn't a Republican, not come away from the experience feeling TOTALLY exhilarated and enthusiastic???
For ONCE, we actually have a say (as small as it may be) in this Presidential election. (Lets just hope that the final say doesn't come down to the super delegate count...)
Even my kids are interested in how this is going to turn out...if there's one good thing that's come out of this presidency, it would be that so many more people are interested in voting and politics.
As I like to say - DON'T BITCH IF YOU DON'T VOTE!!!

No comments: